Tuesday, August 18, 2015

On the Road Again

One of my roommates just sent me a text that said, “Warning: It is cold today.” When I asked her what that meant she said, “A high of 64 and rainy.”

Yes ma’am, that is cold. Thanks for giving me time to get prepared!

It’s going to be a long winter. Starting August 18th and ending…whenever I move down south again.

Currently, we’re stuck in a long line of traffic on a two-lane road in the wide-open fields of Indiana. 
Inching along at 4mph. Did we take a wrong turn somewhere? Well, apparently, “they” closed down the whole of I-65 and detoured us through the corn.

In all our traveling, we’ve passed by many signs announcing the location of various universities and colleges. With each state we’ve driven through, with each sign I’ve read, and with every warning of the cold winter that is about to be upon me, there is not a doubt in my mind that I’ve chosen the right school. God has led me to the University of Northwestern and I can’t wait to get there.

I used to be so afraid of making decisions. Little decisions like what to eat and what to wear, and big decisions like where to go to college. But, I’ve learned that the only decision I need to make is whether or not I’m going follow Jesus. Yes or no. Once you make that decision, all the other decisions fall in to place.

Going to college is a big deal. It has elements of being really scary. But I chose to follow Jesus and so everything is going to be okay.

There are exciting things on the horizon that God has placed before me and is allowing me to experience. I can feel the prayers and support of so many of my friends and family members. I’m grateful for all the encouraging words and the amount of people who have welcomed me into their homes and lives.  I’ve had a good two weeks in America, getting ready for college, and now it’s time…well, we still have some more hours of driving on the road before it’s time. But we’re close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment