Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Love

God is showing me what love is. How huge it is. What it entails.

Loving a stranger you meet on the street.

Loving the people you know very well that you are in contact with every day.

Loving unconditionally.

Loving sacrificially.

This love can only come from God.

We, as humans, are not capable of producing this kind of love.

With love comes joy.

As we begin to love others more and more our lives are filled up and eventually we are overflowing with love and joy and ultimately, the Lord.

With love comes pain.

When you love someone wholeheartedly and they die or they reject you or they move away from you, you experience a pain so deep and so heart wrenching.

That is the price of love.

God knows love. God is love. He understands the unfathomable capacity of love.

God knows pain. He knows it better than any of us on this earth. And when we are experiencing heartache we bring it to God and He takes it from us, because we are not capable of dealing with the pain.

Love is not exclusive to humans.

Up until today I had a dog. So sweet, so loyal. I had to give her away. It was a sacrifice I had to make in following the Lord. I love my dog and it was so difficult to drive away from her today. God provided a new home for her, a home where she will be cared for and loved. I’m allowed to feel the pain of losing my dog. And, what’s more, I can bring that pain to the Lord. The God of the universe cares that I, one person, just gave up my dog and it’s hard for me. Sacrifices are not easy, but I love the Lord and I don’t want my dog standing in the way of serving Him. God blessed my sacrifice by providing a new home for her and by providing His comfort for me.

Love is beautiful.

Amazingly, I’m only at the very edge of comprehending love. I’m only at the very edge of comprehending faith and joy and thankfulness and peace and….God. He is revealing Himself to me each day. In little things. In big things. It’s exciting. It’s mind-blowing.



No comments:

Post a Comment