Thursday, January 8, 2015

Back to Reality

I’ve just spent the last two weeks embracing Cape Town, South Africa, and the surrounding areas. It was eye opening. But not in the same way that Kenya was eye opening for me. It was a very different experience.

I’m finding myself feeling rather caught in between two places. My head is still in Cape Town but my body is here in Rwanda. But it’s not like I’m going back to a boring monotonous life after a whirlwind trip to South Africa. No, far from it, actually. I live in the middle of Africa, for goodness sake. Every day is always an adventure.

I love Rwanda. It’s just that now I love South Africa too.

But it’s not like I didn’t already have my heart torn up and divided all over the world.

I guess that’s what happens when you have lived/visited/invested/embraced/ interacted. When you have actively chosen to get involved then you end up leaving a part of yourself behind. 

God gave me one heart. Only one. How am I supposed to divide it up among all these people and places that have become such an important part of my life?

First, I must give my heart back to God. My heart is His heart. Only He is capable of loving forever, endlessly. So if my heart is His heart, then I have His love in me and I am able to pour that out and continue loving and living with my heart divided all over the world.

Loving people. Loving every minute of every day.


I have a lot to say about my excursion to Cape Town, about my month of December, about what is coming up in the very near future. I live an exciting life, people. I have a lot to share. But, I am an introvert who has been surrounded by people for the last 21 days (maybe more) without rest. Constant interaction with people. (And no, sleeping does not count as not being around people. Only an extrovert would say that.) Give me a few days and I should have enough blogs to keep you entertained for the rest of the month, maybe longer. 

1 comment:

  1. "When you have actively chosen to get involved then you end up leaving a part of yourself behind."

    I love this sentence, Grace. It is exactly how I feel with all of the places I have been and the people I have met. Thank you for putting it so eloquently into words. I loved Cape Town. I can't wait to hear about your experiences! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete