Wednesday, November 13, 2013

His Knowledge. My Knowledge. My Belief.

Jesus knows firsthand what it feels like to be rejected.

Whoa.

Realization and wonder collide in my head.

Not only that, but He knows firsthand every feeling we have ever experienced.

It’s not like I’ve never heard this message before. I know this message forward and backward. But it hadn’t really “clicked” until today. 

Driving down the road. Singing.

Boom.

“You think you know what it feels like to be rejected, Grace? You will never experience rejection to the magnitude I experienced it.”

Stunned silence.

“You think you know what emotional pain feels like? You think you know all about the hardships and challenges of life? Oh, my child, I created those feelings and emotions. The good and the bad. I experienced every one of them. I know exactly how you feel.”

More stunned silence but this time with tears.

My problems are miniscule in light of what Jesus went through. It light of what others are going through. In light of eternity.

So I must embrace the challenges and trials and press on with gratitude. Because if Jesus hadn’t pressed on…well, let’s not go there.

Life is hard. But Jesus gets it.

And I realize some people might read this and think it’s a load of hogwash.

Others might read this and already know all of this in their head but not know any of it in their heart.

That was me. Until today.

God is slowly turning all of the knowledge stuck in my head into actual belief planted in my heart.

And for that, I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment