Friday, November 4, 2011

An Update ~Spiritually

I have received a surprising amount of positive feedback on my blog. Hearing that people (friends, family, and even people that I've never met before) are actually reading my blog and liking it is so amazing to me. In my last update (approximately 8 days ago), I shared with you how God is working in me. I've been praying for His will for my life, but I have not been getting much of a response. Many of you have told me that you are praying for me, and I so appreciate (and need) your prayers. I'm typing up a quick update to let you know that your (and my) prayers are being answered. I want to offer encouragement to anyone who may need it and I want everyone to know that God is showing Himself to me one step at a time.

Yesterday I was reminded of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I was completely taken aback by that verse. Sure, I've heard it before, in fact I've had it memorized ever since the fourth grade, but yesterday it was presented to me in a whole new light. The words "God's will for you" stood out like a man wearing hot pink at a funeral. Here I am praying, asking, practically begging God to show me His will for my life. Whatever. Whenever. Wherever. I'll do it, Lord, just tell me what "it" is. He has given me the first step. I'm not completely sure that it's the "first step" it may be the second step or possibly the sixth, but nonetheless He has given me the next step. Right now, God's will for me is to always be joyful, to constantly pray, and give thanks no matter what happens. If I can do that, then He'll show me what's next. I am starting out small. I was planning on God giving me the whole plan in one dose, but I've learned that my plans look absolutely nothing like God's plans. In fact, I think He finds it quite humorous how I constantly come up with a plan and He has to say, "No, Grace. We're doing it my way not your way." So, we're starting small. I'm taking what God has given me and I'm running with it. I'll be joyful, I'll pray and I'll give thanks, as I wait for the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment